Wednesday, July 8, 2009

naptime...

"Dogs have owners. Cats have staff."
Anonymous
--The same is true of children. Teenagers have parents. Toddlers have staff.

I worked at the CDC (on-base Daycare) for about 2 months. In those 2 months, I was completely healthy for about two weeks in June--no stuffy nose, coughing, sore throat, oozing gak-like mucous from my nostrils... My immune system really didn't get along with toddlers who were able to sneeze projectile snot at me in hurricane speeds. Now, I've been out of the CDC for a week and I'm still sniffly, runny nosed and coughing. Lovely, I know. But the lil gremlins got me and left more than just an impression in my heart but a dent in my kleenex boxes as well. So today, I'm incredibly thankful for the time I have to nap and just rest up until this passes over.

No comments:

Post a Comment