Thursday, September 24, 2009

Quack

We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.

Frederick Keonig


After work, I get off the train in Ely near Tesco and I walk past a little patch of grass on my way towards Broad Street. Yesterday a little family of baby ducks and a mama duck were waddling from the patch of grass across the road stopping traffic. A few other commuters slowed their pace to watch and "Awwww"'ed. Today, a few little duckie families sat in the patch of grass pecking for food and having Thursday supper. Both instances made me smile and feel a bit warm and fuzzy inside, and not cause I stole a duckie...

What little things make you smile? And perhaps make mundane moments (like commuting) a little bit more enjoyable?

1. Talking to cashiers while I checkout at the grocery store and hopefully having a laugh.
2. The feeling of warm laundry, towels in particular, while folding laundry on a cold day.
3. Cleaning and finding things you totally forgot about... feels like Christmas or even an archaeological dig of your own life.

1 comment:

  1. Or a $20 in a pocket on laundry day...pre or post wash, both make me happy.

    ReplyDelete